UPDATE: Our art contest has now closed. Thank you for participating!
We are raising funds to support educational programs at the Sandy Point National Wildlife Refuge! We’re looking for original and inspiring artwork from USVI students K-12 to feature in a 2023 St. Croix Sea Turtle Project Calendar.
Grab your art supplies, get creative and show us:
1. How are sea turtles important to the U.S. Virgin Islands ?
2. What can you do to protect sea turtles in the U.S. Virgin Islands ?
Each entry must be composed of artwork and a conservation message of no more than 30-70 words (submitted with the art piece). All entries must meet the requirements below. Students are highly encouraged to read more about USVI sea turtles to learn sea turtle facts. A selected group of art and turtle experts will collect all entries and select 13 winners to be featured in The St. Croix Sea Turtle Project 2023 Sea Turtle Calendar. Entries will be judged on creativity, artistic presentation and relevancy to the theme.
Eligibility: All USVI students in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade enrolled in a recognized public, private and home schools are eligible to participate. Students must work individually.
1. One entry per student.
2. Entry must be on a single sheet of 8.5″ x 11″ oriented in landscape format.
3. Use white paper, do not laminate.
4. Any art medium may be used (colored pencils, crayons, paint) computer graphics will not be accepted. Must be hand-drawn by student.
5. Artwork must be flat and able to be scanned.
6. Avoid using brand names for any items in artwork.
7. A description of no more than 30-75 words must accompany entry.
How to SUBMIT your work
We ask that you scan your work digitally in the third section of the form by the deadline ( 3 September ) OR you may bring your artwork in person to the Sandy Point National Wildlife Refuge on opening day only, September 3 (10am-4pm). One entry form must be filled out per student. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Submit your artwork here! We can’t wait to see what you come up with! Thanks for your support. 🐢
The St. Croix Sea Turtle Project is sponsored by The Ocean Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, in cooperation with US Fish and Wildlife Service at Sandy Point National Wildlife Refuge, St. Croix, US Virgin Islands.